PhotoMidwest/The Center for Photography at Madison, is pleased to announce that Suzanne Rose is the September Photographer of the Month with her exhibition "Night Vision." The opening reception will be Thursday September 4, 7 pm, at the PhotoMidwest Gallery; the exhibit continues through September.
Suzanne Rose is a nationally recognized artist that practices the fine art of photography as a ‘mindful minimalist’ - in style and philosophy. She is a National Foundation for the Advancement in the Arts (NFAA) fellow and a five-time recipient of the Wisconsin Arts Board fellowship for individual artists, as well as an instructor at PhotoMidwest.
Her photographs can be found in many public and private collections, including the Miller Art Museum, Racine Art Museum, Chazen Museum of Art, and the Corcoran Gallery of Art.
As happens the first Thursday of each month, we welcome a member "Photographer of the Month" to share their work, methods, and creative process. Suzanne's exhibit will continue at the PhotoMidwest Gallery through September. After the opening reception, the gallery is open to the public each Sunday from 12 - 4 at 303 S. Paterson, Door 2, second floor, Madison, WI.
Upcoming "Photographer of the Month"
- October - Yvette Marie Dostatni (PhotoMidwest Festival Featured Guest Artist; opens October 2nd and will be featured October 10th for Gallery Night)
- November - Jim Sterne (opening November 6)
- December - Black and White Interest Group (opening December 4)
- January - Patricia Sweeney (opening reception pending)
- February - David and Cheryl Scadlock (opening reception February 5)
- March - Chris Priebe (opening March 5)
- April - Reece Donihi (opening April 2)
- May - Theo Streibel (opening May 7)
- June - Richard Armstrong, Tom Klingele and Don Julie (opening June 4)
We are scheduling 2015 for PhotoMidwest members, classes or special interest groups to exhibit their work. Please contact one of the PoM exhibit co-chairs to sign up or for further information: Tom Miller at email@example.com or 273-1501; Kurt Westbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org or Richard Linton at email@example.com.