What Do You Have Laying Around? Think of PhotoMidwest - We Might Need It!
With our move to 700 Rayovac Dr., PhotoMidwest, there were things that we used that were not ours. So we will need those items that we shared with the other tenants at our old Paterson St. location.
PhotoMidwest is looking for donations of the items on the list below. Please first send an email to Camera@PhotoMidwest.Org describing what you have to donate. We want to avoid having too many or the wrong kind of what we need.
- Plywood at least 18" wide for shelving.
- Shelving, particularly in Storage room. Free standing or wall mounted.
- Wheeled cart/platform for our stacking chairs. Folding chairs & tables now have a cart.
- Door stops
Faster Windows computer for driving the Canon iPF6100 24" printer. Must have at least 8 GB RAM, perferably 16 GB. Contact Sean Lamb or Jim Thornbery for more details. If you have a licensed version of Adobe Photoshop CS4 or later and/or a Lightroom 4 or later that that you are able to donate, this would be much appreciated.
We will offer a medium & large format film camera class if we get suitable working cameras for the class. We would like to have different, representative, cameras in both formats. For medium format the camera could be anything from a Holga/Diana-type to a rangefinder, twin-lens reflex or single lens reflex. For large format we could use 4x5 field, press, or monorail cameras, lenses, film holders, and developing equipment. All must be in working condition.
Windows or Macintosh notebook/laptop computers capable of running both Lightroom and Photoshop. These would be available for rental during PhotoMidwest classes for students who do not have a suitable portable computer.
Older copies of Adobe Lightroom (version 4 or later) or Photoshop (CS4 or later) for use during classes. Contact us BEFORE you uninstall your old copy; we want to follow Adobe's license transfer requirements.
- Gallery lighting system (installation pending, but monetary donations needed)
- Gallery sign holder for exhibit title & photographer
- Wheeled cart for one enlarger for teaching in a classroom
- Large format 4x5" developing equipment
- Method to block window light better. Foamcore? Blackout shades? Blinds?
Studio equipment: None at present