First there was Black Friday, then there was Cyber Monday. Now, Giving Tuesday (the Tuesday after Thanksgiving) is a growing movement to spur charitable donations and volunteering. PhotoMidwest will participate in Giving Tuesday this year, and we hope that you will too. Our participation will be in the form of an open house and pop-up member photography show taking place throughout our facility. Visitors will be able to see our facility, purchase prints and used gear, become members, and make donations from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm.
You can help in several ways:
- Bring a framed print to show as part of the exhibit (if you have a tabletop easel, bring that along as well; a limited number of easels will be available at the studio).
- Donate one or more prints to PhotoMidwest for sale during the exhibit.
- Donate a plate of light refreshments to serve to visitors during the day.
- Volunteer to staff the studio for one or more hours during the day (two people per hour is the goal).Stop by to see the exhibit and talk photography with other members and visitors.
- Tell your friends to come see the exhibit and ask if they would be able to drop a couple dollars into the donation bin.
- Drop a dollar or two into the bin yourself
We're starting our participation in Giving Tuesday with a small event, but we hope that this will be a seed for larger and more elaborate exhibits and social and charitable events in the future. Prints and sale donations can be left at the studio until Monday November 27; please clearly label any donations and leave them in our digital print lab and notify Sean Lamb about them.
If you have questions, or to volunteer for an hour or more, please email Sean Lamb .